Friday, August 8, 2008

Due date??

Today is Friday 8 August (8/8/2008) and according to dates today is our official due date - we are now 40 weeks. Still, the monkey is happy to stay where she is - and another Friday arrives without any baby pics...

I had two busy days (enjoying all my 'plans'!) - on Wednesday I spent the morning driving around and shopping with a friend, and then went with hubby to buy dinner at Subway on Hatfield Square :) what a weird experience! We were still sitting at home watching TV and the next moment he said he is really in the mood for a Subway sub (they used to buy it a lot when he was on contract in Bahrain), so we decided 'why not?', got into the car and drove to Hatfield. Unfortunately we had no idea where the shop was, so we had to 'phone a friend' first! :) But it was worth it - a footlong sub and a subway cookie later we were quite satisfied... :)

Yesterday morning I went to watch 'Miss Pettigrew lives for a day' at Cinema Nouveau. It was SO ENJOYABLE!!! :)
Just a feel-good, funny, well-casted and easy-to-watch enjoyable movie. I would really encourage anyone to go and watch it - even those who are not seasoned Cinema Nouveau fans. Good relaxation!
After the movie I joined my in-laws for a special lunch (my mother in law had a special friend visiting from Cape Town), and after that I had a quick visit with my own family (mom and sisters and niece) - a day full of plans! But a lot of fun :)

I slept a bit better last night, the past few nights I've been have bad cramping in my hips and lower back. Think my whole body is getting a bit fed-up with all the extra weight, the relaxed ligaments and the general sense of not having balance. I just wish the monkey could also get the message!
But, while she's happy and comfy inside I am taking it easy.

For today I don't have big plans, I really need to get a bit of studying done, then I'm definitely going to watch the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics, and we'll fit in another walk late afternoon...
and we wait...

No comments: