Tuesday, August 19, 2008

One week old today!

Emma is one week old already! I can't believe it has been a whole week...

I still have to tell the whole birth-story but for tonight just a quick update. We are doing great! Emma is a calm baby, content most of the time, sleeps well and cries only when she is hungry (or when her nappy is really dirty...) She usually gets hungry every 3 to 4 hours and in between she is mostly asleep, although there is times when she is alert and awake without crying and she loves to look around with the cutest expressions on her little face... She is SO cute!! When she looks at me she looks really deep into my eyes and gets a little frown from concentrating so hard :) it makes me laugh! She loves looking at people's faces and she is already following movement and sound. It also looks as if she is smiling at me every now and then, even though I know she cannot possibly be really smiling yet!
She loves sleeping in her daddy's arms and he is the expert when it comes to bath-time!

Yesterday we went for a walk to granny's house (just around the corner) with Emma in her baby-sense sling, and today we went to visit tannie Sarette (also in the sling) - Emma loves it! She falls asleep almost immediately and stays quiet all the time while I'm carrying her.

I cannot wait to go for a proper walk with her in her 3-wheeler-stroller, hopefully on Thursday afternoon we will join granny, auntie Cara and cousin Yamika for a walk, providing that the weather improves! I promise to take pictures if it happens! :)

That's all for now, will post the birth-story soon! Now it's time for a feed and then bed...

No comments: