Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Why do I run?

I have a lot on my mind and I need a lot of time to get it all out black on white, but for now it is 01h00 in the morning and I have just finished preparing for my first big post-graduate presentation due on Wednesday. I have also done my practical exam for the Diploma in Child Health this (yesterday?) morning, and I am also on call tomorrow. All in all consensus is that I really should probably be in bed now catching a quick snooze before the monkey wakes up for her early morning bottle (some mornings earlier than others). But I have had this thought that I have been wanting to share with the world. Maybe it sounds stupid or insignificant or just something to laugh at, but I have really been pondering/wondering about it...

Am I the only twenty-something nearer to thirty medical school graduate/ mom/ relatively "normal" person that RUN to the other side of the hospital when I am late for ward rounds / when there is an emergency/ when I just cannot take the S L O W walking pace of the rest of the world??
I honestly have to confess that almost not a day passes without me quickly (LITERALLY) running somewhere. In my working attire. Stethoscope in hand, clutching my bag, wind-through-my-hair kind of running. And at this relatively late stage in my life I suddenly came to the shocking realisation that I
NEVER
EVER
EVER
see anybody else running
ANYWHERE
unless it is for exercise (in running clothes... etc)

AM I NORMAL?????

No comments: