Friday, April 3, 2009

General update

After not really blogging for about three months and after spending the last 2 evenings devouring three years worth of excellent blogging by a person I know/?friend ;)/colleague, I have a head exploding with post-ideas and plans. So much so that I really don't know where to begin. I want to post a monkey-update (she has reached a whole list of milestones since the last update!), I want to explain why my Comrades-plans sadly derailed, and I want to... talk about death. Amongst other things. Seeing that it is Friday night, monkey is sleeping peacefully and hubby is away on a nightstop, I decided the better way would be to split the post, separating everyday blah-blah from serious sadness.

So starting with everyday news... Emma is creepy-crawling at the speed of light (especially when our cat makes a sudden appearance on the other side of the room), she is pulling herself up to stand (captured the first successful try on video!), she is saying mama, papa, baba, and a word I will spell "ummm-ah" which sound suspiciously like she is trying to say Emma! I know I have said this before and this will not be (nearly) the last time but she is really growing and developing unbelievably fast. And she is beautiful and cute and she claps hands, kisses, waves goodbye... just too oulik for words! :)

About Comrades I don't feel like saying much aside from the fact that part of me is really really extremely disappointed. I was looking forward to the Challenge, I was motivated, I was even prepared to wake up early a few times (which is a lot for me to say!)... but work and studying and family just took too much time and energy. And at this stage of my life family, work and studying has to take priority. So I will sadly postpone big C #3 until a more suitable time, and in the meantime maybe try to work on my speed a bit ;) while regaining my pre-pregnancy/baby body and muscle strength. (On the topic of training, we have a family challenge for the 94.7 cycle race, so maybe I should start cycling before another three months whizz past!)

Pondering another post about the importance of (and my dependence on) family. Parents, siblings and hubby out of town at the moment and feeling pretty alone already. Luckily there is such a thing as in-laws ;)

No comments: